I have recently been given a couple of awards. One was the Versatile blogger award which was given to me by Brigitte at Poohpees World. Thanks so much, Brigitte. I had actually already received this award, but didn't have it on my page (Sorry Brigitte), so I fixed that. Thank you for thinking of me. You can read my post from that award here.
Christine, my buddy, over at Phoenix Revolution gave me an award. Thank you, Thank you!
The Rules state I'm supposed to name 10 things I like and I'm just wondering how I'll limit myself to only 10, but here goes:
1) Post-exercise sweat. That's right. I love being sweaty because I've worked my ass off in some sort of physical activity.
2)Sports radio, sports TV, sports. I'm an ESPN and sports radio addict. ESPECIALLY during football season, but pretty much all the time. I love football, like basketball especially college, but NBA too. Tolerate baseball, prefer college. Like hockey. Tennis and golf are OK. Nascar-I don't get AT ALL. Poker is not a sport so stop showing it on my shows!
3) Cool fall weather. I LOVE being able to wear shorts with a sweatshirt. LOVE IT.
4) Reading a good book, especially on the elliptical. I love books, mostly fiction. I don't care for serious Oprah list type books. I like senseless escapism most of the time. Yes, I like the Twilight series. I read about one book a week, most of the time.
5)Laying on the floor playing a board game or coloring with my kids.
6) Laughing and telling jokes with my soon to be 13 year old son. He has a really cool sense of humor and we get each others humor, at least right now. We have a lot of silly inside jokes and I love it. I hope it doesn't change.
7)Walking into the gym like I own the place. The first time I went to the gym, I went by myself. I know all of you reading know what the moment, that feeling is like. I felt like I was in a foreign country and didn't speak the language. BUT, not any more. Now I walk in and own the joint.
8)Cooking off the cuff. I love to just start grabbing stuff out of the fridge or pantry that sound like they'd be good together and winging it. It usually always turns out yummy!
9)The 1-2 hours I get to spend with my husband after the kids are in bed. My favorite part of the day is decompressing with him and watching our fav TV shows.
10) Speaking of TV, I like watching it. Probably more than I should, but there are so many good shows: True Blood, Rescue Me, Burn Notice, Vampire Diaries, Hung, Entourage, Sons of Anarchy, Rubicon, Chuck, House, Spartacus
The second part of the award says I'm supposed to name 10 blogs and pass it on. Here goes:
1) Back at ya Brigette.
2)Cupcakes & Veggies
3)Losing Harry-been off an on with blogging lately. Let's all go over and encourage him!
4) Writing to Wellness
5) Is It Just a Number
6)It's All About the Walls
7)Swimming It Off
8) Healthy Schmealthy
9) Pounds Off Playoff
10) Nutmeg Notebook