This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
I got an award!
Today I received my first ever blogger award. I'm totally pysched, well as pysched as a half sick person can be. Thanks to Michele for nominating me.
I am supposed to
1) Thank the person that gave me the award. Thanks!
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
1) I hate being sick. That whole doctors make the worst patients-COMPLETELY TRUE.
2) Three years ago I was diagnosed with sub-glottic stenosis. Don't you love doctor speak? That means that I have scar tissue that grows in my upper airway and blocks airflow. I've had to have surgery 3 times to have it removed. The only thing besides surgery which works is prednisone, a steroid. Thus, my battle with weight has been even more frustrating for me in light of this problem. (See #1). It is back. I don't want to have surgery again. I'm hoping that with diet and exercise I can avoid having the surgery, but I absolutely refuse to do any more steroids unless I have to. Like I mean I'm dying. I was on them 6 months last year and gained back all the weight I'd lost, 20 + pounds.
3) I have 3 fabulous kids. One boy, 12 going on pubescent attitude from hell. One girl, 5 almost 6 (next week) and another girl 4 and 1/2. They are the light of my life and the most exhausting thing in my life. Wouldn't have it any other way.
4) I love TV. Love it. I watch way too many shows. Thank God for TIVO. We watch True Blood, Friday Night Lights, Chuck, Vampire Diaries, Entourage, Weeds, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy, and a whole bunch of others. TV time is time my husband and I share when kids are in bed. I love shows with twisted plots and violence.
5)I love to read on the elliptical. Well, I love to read anywhere, but I really like to on the elliptical. This reduces the pain and torture of this hideous machine.
6)I've been with my husband 20 years this year, we've been married 15 of those years. He's the reason I am a doctor. I had dreamed of being a doctor my whole life. In one of my moods of self-pity, I almost didn't apply to medical school. He convinced me that I had to at least try. If I didn't get in, we'd deal with it. I got in.
7) I am a sports junkie. No, really. I'm a junkie. I watch ESPN ad nauseum. I listen to sports talk radio all day. I read the sports pages in the paper. My favorite is football and PRE-SEASON NFL STARTS THIS WEEKEND! I am super-dee-duper excited because I love football and I miss it so much when it is gone. We have season tickets to my alma mater and go back for all the games. So expect to hear more about football here on this blog.
Now for the 15 blogs- I'm not sure I can do 15 as I am new to blogging and all the blogs are newly discovered to me. Here's a few I'll nominate:
3)Losing it: The Weight loss Journals of a Significantly Smaller Badass
5)Pounds Off Playoff
All the rest I follow are either well known to everybody here or already been nominated. So that will have to suffice. Thanks again for the award