Disclaimer

This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Morning

Well, I survived the night. I slept better. Woke up this am with little pain. Ate cheerios, big pain. ugh. I'm also wondering if some of the pain is from my back. I'm skipping TKD today and going home to rest. I'm going to try to get a massage and see if that helps.

On the bright side, the sun is shining and the morning finally feels like fall is coming, not that it's a lot cooler, but the air is starting to feel differently. Son has a football game tonight. Please Lord, don't rain another one out. Poor kids are working hard and want to play.

Thanks so much for all your words of support. It is appreciated. Glad to hear all of you who were kicking some butt on the diet and exercise yesterday while I could not. I ate 1295 cal yesterday, 34 over. It's hard to stay in the range when all your eating is crackers and toast and sprite. What I wouldn't give for a big old salad. Yumm...

Well, I feel that I am whining and not being very helpful so I'll leave you with the reminder that everyone needs to have a physical exam every year, including blood work. And, get your flu shots. The doc in me just comes out sometimes. Grin.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you and hoping that your tummy pain is not so bad today. How can you work when your tummy hurts like that? It must be very uncomfortable. Be sure to take good care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got some relief Doc. and you ain't whining. It is part of our little fraternity/sorority we have going on here. We support each other through it all, weight loss related or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you have cholelithiasis. The surgeon will tell you, "no big deal" and that you will be back to normal in 2 weeks. Trust me - get someone to watch the kids and plan on staying in bed a couple of days. Even ignoring my bile leak, the GI after effects went on for months. Hopefully you will be one of the many who do bounce back in a few days, but remember - surgeons always underestimate recovery time. Start planning how you will readjust your exercise until your abdomen recovers.

    On the bright side, no more pain and no risk of biliary obstruction, pancreatitis, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Nothing wrong with whining when you're hurting. You're allowed to be frustrated with your bod.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guilty. I wanted to weigh less than I did at my last physical and now I do. So I'll make the appointment this week. Hope you keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better. Just take the night off to rest and let your family wait on you!

    ReplyDelete

Progress to TouchDown and GOALLLL!!