Disclaimer

This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Do-Overs

So I was reading blogs as I am often doing and stumbled across this winner from Anonymous Fat Girl.  It reminded me that we all have days where we feel like we've been hit by a truck.  I'm not the only one with issues and I need to quit being a whiny bitch.  This will be my new mantra for the day so that I can remind myself that playing this "Poor Little Me" game means I will never win. And I REFUSE to let that happen.


Dear Self,
Please let me win. Let me move on and move forward in a smart manner. Give me the strength I need to beat down all of the adversity that is still yet to come. If I experience periodic moments of sanity loss, let me make it through the other side okay. Remind me that I know what I have to do, because tomorrow the sun WILL rise. Most of all, when I get hit by that Mack truck again (and it WILL happen), tell me to quit whining like a bitch and get up.
Love, Me








8 comments:

  1. For the record, having your gall bladder removed is not Poor Little Me stuff.. You will be fine, but Doctor, heal thyself, and then restart. Puhlease... I need my peeps healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quick question, when did you say you were having your surgery? Next week or the week after? The reason I ask is that I am having mine on the 13th so I thought we could do the buddy system!!! HA! and commiserate with one another! I feel your pain!
    TL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you and Lizzy can get a two-for-one price rebate or something.

    I like her post too. So many people lately have been down and depressed sounding. I've read many that are contemplating closing their blogs even. I wonder if the change in weather is getting them down.

    You have a real reason to be a bit down with real pain and lots of it. Keep taking care of youreslf. We're all pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me make it through to the other side. Yes. Hope you make it through the week okay. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc,I would hardly call you a poor me kind of person. IN fact I often enjoy reading your blog and imagining I will one day be able to do all that you do. So cut yourself a break. Just hang here with us and we will get you back, on track in no time! (post surgery of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be in pain.
    You inspire us by just trying to go to work when you feel the way you do.

    So, the Vikes won too yesterday. I am not sure I would call them a football team yet, but there were some highlights. Can't wait till October 17 when your boys come to town and we will kick their asses back to Texas! (oh, wait that was last year's playoff game !)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Doc, thanks for stopping by my blog and reading! :) I hate having down days, but I've found even though I'm 99% of the time positive, it happens. It's okay to have a down day and now it's time to move on.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Progress to TouchDown and GOALLLL!!