Disclaimer

This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Morning

Well. Here I am Monday morning and I still feel like crap. Still having pain. Going to get an ultrasound this afternoon to check the gallbladder. If it's not that, will have to consider actually seeing a doctor. I hate that. What they say about Doctors being the worst patients is absolutely true. But, I can't deal with this pain anymore.

I went over my calories yesterday, mainly because I was drinking sprite. But, water made me throw up. Coke zero made me throw up. Diet DP made me throw up. What to do? I don't know. This morning I can't have anything to eat or drink before the ultrasound. No coffee for me means I'm extra grumpy.

I didn't sleep well last night up for various reasons, one being the pain. The other being the damned dog. Why is it that nights you are so tired they conspire against you? So I saw 12:20am, 1:30am, 1:50am, 2:30am, 4:20am on the clock before my 5:35am wake up. Yawn. I'm too old for that crap.

I am bummed because my brain wants to work out and eat right, but my body won't cooperate. I ate 3 bites of a salad yesterday and lost it. So after that it was toast, crackers and the poached eggs for dinner. Not exactly a balanced diet. I'm so frustrated with this set back. Scale is up a pound, but likely due to not enough water. I just can't right now.

I feel like my goal is at the end of one of those trick hallways from the Twilight Zone where the faster you run toward it, the farther it drifts away. I know that's melodramatic, but the clock is ticking and I want, no, I NEED to get this weight off. I don't know if I'll be able to make TKD class tomorrow. I just don't know if I can do it. We'll see.

Sorry I'm not very uplifting OR inspiring today, but I have one favor to ask. Since I can't kick ass on the exercise and diet front today, I'm trusting all my blogosphere peeps to do it for me. If I can't, knowing you can and are doing it makes me feel a little better. So....promise you'll put forth your best effort today, for me?

I'll keep you posted on the ultrasound. Just think...If I have to have surgery I could post the video. I bet no other blogger has done such a thing. Hee hee. That would be hilarious. I'm holding you to that promise! Let me know how today rolls for you. Caio!

16 comments:

  1. Okay, we'll hold down the fort for you. Hope you can find out what the problem is and get it fixed soon. It's hard to get sidelined when the mind wants to keep up with the exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the scan. As my doctor advised make sure your first priority is you, at least until you get this problem sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch -- what a miserable night! Hopefully this will resolve soon.

    I can promise you good things on my food intake today. I'm working on a lovely headcold so I'm not up for the physical but I kept moving all weekend so I haven't been sedentary (much to my chagrin).

    Feel better! And if you have to have surgery, I think posting the video would rock -- hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! Gall Bladder issues are the worst! :( I will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. you said 4:20. hehheh.

    Oh dear, I'm very sorry that you're still in pain! I hope you can figure out what's causing the discomfort so you can cure it and make it stop!!

    I'm taking you up on your challenge. You sit back and rest for a day, mmkay, and I'll bust my ass extra hard for you at the gym today. Deal? *extends hand for handshake*

    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're poorly - hope it works out quickly for you. Many thanks for the recommendation to active.com - found a good article on shin-splints and am ready to hit the road again tomorrow - will put in a little extra effort just for you then. %0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww hope it gets taken care of soon!
    I'll be out busting my ass on my bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are still uplifting even feeling poorly. Your not slacking for the fun of it you HURT! Get better and if the GB surgery is as bad I keep hearing don't tell me about it! I have to get through mine first!!! Hope you feel better soon!
    TL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been there with the gallbladder. I feel your pain! The surgery wasn't bad at all. It was the shoulder pain the next morning that was the worst part.

    I totally promise to bust my ass at the gym later. :) I hope you are back to your old self ASAP! Rest the body needs it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I hope you feel better. No fun at all to be sick. Especially when you want to be "on plan" and you just can't. I did my part for you this morning. I went running and did 5 (4.97) miles. Yay me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having just read your post I am going to (guiltily) go outside and do a bit of vigourous gardening before the light fades. Today my movement hasn't been great although I have been dancing to music and running up and down the stairs just for the sake of it. (Aware I wasn't giving it my all...)

    Wishing you well - and soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know the feeling...when your body feels like the enemy. I hope all goes well with you. When I work my abs today...I'll wear ankle weights in your honor :o) lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found you from Allan's blog. Holy crap, was I missing out!
    Sorry about the GB. My mom had hers out this year. Hopefully it won't come to that. But if it does, you'll know what to expect and can roll with it.
    Now *I* have to get off my fat ass and get some exercise. I'll do some extra in your place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the video-now that would be cool!! Seriously, I hope you feel better soon, because we like the kick-ass Dr Fit better than the down in the pain one. I will ride a few extra miles for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was wallowing on this day, but I'm holding the fort down for you know. Doctors really are bad at being sick.

    ReplyDelete

Progress to TouchDown and GOALLLL!!