This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Thanks to The Heavy Man !
He was kind enough to present me with this great award. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award. THANKS!
2. Answer these questions:
Describe your blog in 5 words: My quest for OVERALL FITNESS!
What would you change about your life? Well. I answered this for a prior award and you can read the whole thing HERE. But, the basic answer was nothing. I like my life.
Name 10 things people don't know about me:
1) I love shoes. Especially unique and different ones. I have a lot. A. Lot.
2) I'm a cat person. LOVE cats, but husband hates them and so I don't have one. Yet. Still working on him.
3) We have a very cute pet turtle who loves to be petted and comes when you call her.
4) We have a pet gecko who is cute and is not crazy about being petted.
5) I play the piano, although not as well nowadays since I don't have as much time to practice.
6) I took 6 years of Latin and loved it. Wish I could remember enough of it.
7) I love languages and if I had time I'd learn more. Starting with Spanish. I am learning Italian slowly by speaking to our Nanny.
8) I'm dreaming of a trip in the next 1-2 years to Italy, two weeks, with our Nanny of course to show us all the sights where I can use what little Italian I know.
9) I love to travel and see new places. I love road trips where you can stop at the tiny little museums and sites along the way. I've not been out of the country except to Mexico and a trip to London which was my fav trip of all time and I can't wait to get to go back and see more of England and Europe.
10) I have a very good friend in Norway. He was an exchange student my senior year of high school and we still keep in touch. That's another trip that me and my BFF are dreaming of as soon as my kiddos get a little bigger. 2-3 years.
Pass the award on to 4 new blogs:
1) Bubba at 440to200
2) Phil at Couch to 10K
3) Half of 360
4) Thin Lizzy at Aweigh we go