This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.
Friday, October 1, 2010
I'm a hottie! and BOOMER!!!!!!!
So last night Lanie Panie posted that only 2 more were needed to meet the goal of having 100 in the challenge and the guilt and peer pressure worked, so I'm in. I don't generally do challenges. Not because I'm afraid I can't do them, but well...I'm rebellious and I'm not one to do what the cool kids are doing. But, then I decided that this challenge might be the ticket for getting me back on track after the surgery. So, I guess that's a good enough reason. Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of prize at the end, but that's not why I'm in. I joined out of purely selfish reasons and so I can brag when I kick all the rest of your asses.
1) Start by Oct 1st-CHECK
2) Post at least weekly- NO PROB
3)Comment on the reminder posts from the leader-No prob
4) Set at least 3 goals to achieve by the end of the challenge- Umm..... Goals. OK. Umm...
OK. Goal setting is harder for me. I have to come up with at least 3 goals. Maybe I'll surf around and see what others have set as their goals. Maybe I'll just....
Oh forget it. Here goes:
1) Be 199 or less by the end of the challenge- 14 weeks and 12 pounds is doable I believe. Even with the impending surgery
2) Run at least 1 REAL 5K race, my first actual race. I can't run a full 5 K yet, I can do a little over half. Or could before the set back with my gallbladder. I really, really want to be able to do this. Last year I said I wanted to do a 5K by the time I was 40. Well, I'm still 40 for a little longer. Of course then I wasn't thinking I would be running it, I would be walking it. But now I know walking it would be too easy. HA HA! how's about them apples.
3) Be wearing a size 14 jeans, comfortably. The last pair I bought are 16. I bought a pair of shorts that are size 14, but they don't button yet.
4) Get my yellow belt in TKD- I'm white now and yellow is the first belt. I'm sure I can get back to class and learn the material and be ready to test before the end of the year.
5) Do the 100 push ups and 200 sit ups programs 3 times weekly. I really think it will be cool when I can do these so I want to get serious about working on it. I really like push ups. Isn't that weird? And people are soooo impressed when they see me do them correctly. I guess because I'm a girl and I'm fat? I don't know. But I can't tell you how many times big muscle bound dudes at the gym have given me the nod o' respect after they saw me do them.
So there you have it. I hope I can follow all them rules. I'm kinda a rebel. But, I'll try.
On another note. OU -TEXAS WEEKEND BABY!! Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait. I think we have a real chance to win. Can't tell with this game though. It's like a mini bowl game in the middle of your season every year. High pressure and LOUD!! It'll be good football weather. Oh boy!
Did any of you see the OSU-Texas A&M game last night? Alan, I'll bet you did. WHAT a game. It was a fun one to watch. Thankfully my fellow Okies pulled it off, barely. It was a pretty sloppy game for both, but it was fun to watch. I'll tell you though, A&M is coming back.
There are a lot of good games around the country. Hope the Ducks die. Hope the Gators get Rolled. Hope Utah state beats the hell outta BYU. I'd like to see Illinois beat Ohio State, but that ain't happening. It's pretty sad when the Tennessee v LSU game is basically yawn time. The Penn State v Iowa game might be worth watching. I'll probably be watching it, but I'm thinking the Iowans will win.
And my good friend Alan and I can agree on one thing: USC can BITE IT. Hope the Huskies do the biting this week. Notre Dame, well, we miss your glory days and I hope Brian Kelly does well. He's a class act. But, frankly there's not much reason to even tune in there anymore. Love to see the queens of the smurf turf go down, but I don't see that happening without an act of God. Do you hear me God? That's an official request.
And what are your plans? Do you have football games you'll be watching this week?