- How many calories do you burn when you are crying? That's about the only workout I've gotten this week. I mean, if knitting burns 50 calories, then shouldn't crying? Gotta find the humor where I can.
- How long I can go without watching or reading any news? Seriously. Lately it's like a freaking horror movie. I have to pause the TV whenever the kids walk in the room. It's like Armageddon out there people. How many wars are we going to fight? Was there a BOGO sale? No matter your political views and I certainly am NOT starting any discussion about that. But....geesh. I am seriously fighting the urge to stock pile food, water and weapons for the oncoming assault of zombies.
- Why I insist on stepping on and off, on and off, on and off my scale every time I weigh. I mean, is the number going to be different? And yet..OCD me... I have to weigh like 3 times. This morning I did that. Do. Not. Ask.
- If there can be a more beautiful sight than my little daughters happily picking spring flowers? Well.......flowers is a stretch. More like weeds. BUT, pretty ones. I came home to a little bud vase full of them yesterday. To cheer me up they said. So sweet.
- Why vitamins have to taste sooooooo nasty? And why are they so big? I've tried tons of them. They all suck. But, I still take them. And they make me feel better. But, they are yucky.
- Why my 5 year old INSISTS that any sock she tries doesn't, "feel right"? Seriously. What is it with little kids and their picky dressing habits? Sigh. It's a fight every day. I've given up on it. Socks or no socks. Whatever.
- Why my 13 year old son doesn't hear me call him 50 times at the top of my lungs when I need him to take out the trash, but if I even whisper in the next room about possibly going to see a movie, he's there in a flash? Is it a Y chromosome thing or a teenager thing?
- Why I feel so sad that the little Korean lady is moving and won't be my patient anymore? It amazes me how attached I get to some patients. She says she's coming back once a year for a physical. Hope so.
- Why some people INSIST on weaving in an out of traffic to save that 2 seconds of drive time? Really. Is it THAT important? Texans are freaking pyscho drivers. Southern Hospitality my ass. At least behind the wheel that is.
- If I'll ever be free of my food issues? It is better. So I have hope. I do not immediately dive into food like I did before. I do not have ANY desire to drive through and get food like I used to and eat it in my car. Alone. But, yesterday I didn't eat breakfast. Not on purpose. Just forgot to eat. Please stop and read that again. I. Forgot. To. EAT. WTH? I am so proud of that and yet, it led to what happened at lunch. A binge. Well......a binge in an entirely different sense of the word. I had about 3 oz of bison steak left overs, green beans, a little quinoa left over and 1/2 a baked sweet potato (very small one). After all that I ate 1 cup of 90 cal sugar free low fat ice cream. PLUS I had a piece of pumpernickel bread with butter. That's a binge my friends. I felt full and stuffed and gross. Then I realized I didn't "feel" anything but full and stuffed. For a while that's all I thought about. Light bulb moment. The rest of the day I didn't eat, nor did I drink much. I just haven't gotten my water in. I know better and today I'm trying harder. Last night I got home at 6:30 from picking up kids at TKD and I did not want to eat. I didn't eat anything else all day. At around 11:30pm when I couldn't sleep, I wanted something. But, I didn't need it so I tried to sleep instead. I think, maybe, possibly, I am making progress on this food thing. And though the number on the scale was not making me happy, up 2.5, I know most of it is water weight and it's coming back off. I'm just having trouble focusing on anything this week. Well........I'm focused on something, but it isn't my food or exercise.
This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.