- Why I can't think of something this good for my business name? I snapped this pic in a parking lot the other day. It's a tow truck and this is what was on the door. I'm just not that clever and it makes me way jealous.
|Emergency Hookers "You blow it....I'll tow it!"|
- If spending my day off with a bunch of first graders at the zoo was the smartest decision? I mean it's not like I get many days off. It was a lovely day yesterday and perfect for the zoo. For the first hour and a half, it was most enjoyable. After that and I slowly began to lose it trying to watch my 2 girls and the other kids in our group. I took the 5 year old with me to sister's field trip. I get so nervous when I'm responsible for other peoples kids and it was sooooo crowded. I hardly enjoyed the animals because I was monitoring the behavior and whereabouts of the children. At the end of the day, I stayed behind with my girls while the rest of the kids went back on the bus. That was way less stressful. Of course the girls and I were pooped by the end of the day. We were walking for literally 5 hours. I slept pretty well last night though.
|We actually got to feed and pet the giraffes. Too cool.|
|Yuck! Cobra. I hate snakes. Was cool to see it dance like that, though. It's in it's cage by itself, decorated like a living room. The girls just squealed when they saw it.|
|Otter family at play. Too cute!|
- If I've ever seen a more beautiful moon? For those of you who didn't know, the moon was the closest and fullest it's been since 1992 on March 19th. I took some pictures that night and must admit it was amazing. If you want to know more about the "SuperMoon", click here. Sadly it was the night my cousin died. I didn't make the connection until I got ready to post these pics. I had 2 patients die that weekend and several others I know of as well. I have long believed, as many in medicine do, that people's behavior is affected by the moon. I'll say that I can tell you many anecdotes regarding it and that I'm glad I wasn't working in an ER that night and won't be delivering babies 9 months from now.
|Now you know why they say there's a "man in the moon."|
|View from my back porch|
- If animals feel shunned the way people do? I was struck by this one bird separated from the group of pretty pink flamingos. I think it's a stork or pelican. Couldn't tell because he was all hunched over and so sad looking. Of course I started to feel bad for it. And then realized it was my "poor outcast fat kid" sympathy kicking in. Will I lose that when I'm in the pretty pink flamingo group? I hope not.
|All those pretty flamingos and 1 brown different pelican all alone.|
- How many pretty colors will my leg turn? As I mentioned, I spent all day on my leg walking and standing. It felt so good to be able to move. I didn't have much pain, a little soreness. But, when I woke up this morning this is what I saw. And as the day wore on today, it got prettier and prettier. I'm just glad that it looks worse than it feels at this point. I was thinking I'd go back to TKD tomorrow, but now I'm thinking maybe not. I don't want to rush it. Thanks for all the comments of concern by the way. I appreciate them. But, I'm not quitting TKD and I know these kinds of injuries will get fewer as I lose weight and get in better shape. This happened because I didn't stretch as much as usual or hydrate before as much as usual. I was in a rush. Let this be a lesson to you: Stretch and drink your water!
I've been eating on plan and I'm hoping the scale will move. I am not exactly as focused as usual as I'm still dealing with a lot of family issues. But, my kids are safe and healthy. My husband is wonderfully supportive. My extended family is doing OK. I miss my cousin every day and I guess I'm still in the stage of disbelief. I wake up and think it can't be true only to realize it is. It puts things in perspective for me. Makes me want to get healthier so I can live a happy healthy life with my kids, grand-kids and great-grand-kids. But, my head is often spinning with thoughts and I find it hard to focus.
For now I'm doing the best I can. I'm tracking my food and looking forward to the new challenge meals that start on Friday. I'm re-dedicating myself to follow the plan exactly with the new menus. Actually having someone tell me what to eat right now is kind of comforting. I am tired of thinking so much and making decisions.
As for exercise, I'm thinking that I'll try biking tomorrow if I skip TKD as I think I will. I just miss my workouts and I need to do some stretching and core work as well. I miss running a lot, but that's a no go. I tried to "run" into the house to get something this morning and my leg let me know I can't yet. I don't want to end up in a boot for 6 weeks with a complete tear, so I'll be good and take it slow.
I got an email from a former student today. She had lost a lot of weight last year and was a new runner like me. She told me she's thinking of doing a half-marathon in May and wondered if I wanted to do it with her. I told her there's no way I can this year, but maybe next year? We'll see. I'm almost afraid to state that as a goal. But, I do know running is something I really enjoy so as weird as it is for me it is not outside my imagination.
That is an NSV of it's own isn't it? The idea that I can even imagine running for 13.1 miles? Unimaginable a year ago. Absolutely impossible. In fact 5K was outside my imagination back then and now I know I'll be able to run 3 miles eventually, hopefully soon.
And that was a long post.....What have you been wondering these days? Did you notice the moon a few weeks ago? What's your favorite zoo animal? I love love love reading your comments, please leave one.