I am feeling surprisingly better today. I decreased the dose of steroid yesterday and I think that is helping. Also my stomach feels better today. I haven't had the constant pain and that is a blessing. I've been so sick with that. I feel almost normal except I can't breathe when I move much. That's ok though because I know that will be fixed soon. I'm not eating very well, but I'm not worrying about that right now. Just getting through the next few days and then I'll be able to re-focus on healthy eating and working out.
Last night I went to pick up my son from Taekwondo and I sat watching what is usually my class with longing. Oh how I wanted to be in there kicking and punching and learning. But I know I can't do it now. I woke up today and felt better, so that gave me hope. I need to move. My muscles and joints are aching and I'm stiff. It's all because I haven't been working out, I know. I need to stretch and I've done a little, but not much. Can't wait to be able to start again. But, then I know you're tired of hearing all that.
Valentine's Day was a simple day for us. My husband made me a card with pictures of the kids on it, which I thought was very sweet. After 20years together he isn't required to buy flowers and all that. Besides they jack up the prices SO much at this time of year. I think that women want flowers so that their friends will be jealous mainly. I mean I love flowers, don't get me wrong, but I'm very secure in my relationship. I'd be upset if he did nothing, but I don't require a huge bouquet and certainly not chocolates. I hate, absolutely HATE going out on Valentine's Day. It's always sooooo crowded and especially on a week night. I'll save my date night for a more relaxing time, thank you.
The kids had cupcakes and candy and such. I got them each a PEZ and that's it. They don't need a ton of stuff. My in-laws sent a few little gifts and that is sufficient. My daughter is better and I hope will go back to school tomorrow. I have a board meeting tonight and will probably not get home until late. Then I just have to get through tomorrow and then my surgery. I just want it over with.
And now......some Random Thoughts:
1. Wearing sunglasses while talking to someone is rude unless you are on the beach. I can't believe how many people don't take off their dark shades in my office. I hate it. What are you hiding anyway? It isn't cool, even for Jack Nicholson. Take the things off and look at me when I'm talking to you, dang it.
2. Parenting is challenging. I think I MAY have mentioned this once or twice before, but just in case I'll reiterate . So yesterday I sent my daughter to school in a cute little long sleeved shirt with red hearts on it for Valentine's day. This is my youngest and the most.....interesting. Later that afternoon, a friend of mine whose daughter is also in the same class sent me a picture of the two girls at the party since I couldn't be there. I noticed right away that my daughter was in a SLEEVELESS tank top. WTH? So I think, well maybe she spilled something on her other shirt. When I ask her about this she admits that NO, she put that shirt on UNDER the other shirt when I wasn't looking in case she got "hot". I think she just wanted to wear the tank top. So I had to have a long discussion about sneaking a shirt to school is the same as lying to Mommy and that I was very disappointed that she lied to me. Plus I told her she's lucky the principal didn't see her because those kinds of shirts are against the rules and she might get in trouble in school. Sigh....good grief. Now her teacher thinks I sent her to school in that thing in FEBRUARY on a pretty rainy morning. Fabulous. I never expected to win mother of the year. Good thing. Plus this child is SIX. Lord help me.
3. What is with anonymous commenters getting all critical and yelling at bloggers? I do not get that. At. All. If you don't like what someone writes, don't read it again. And if you're going to criticize someone have the balls to man up to your identity. Lately I've seen a ton of posts from bloggers getting ripped by who knows who for all kinds of stuff. That's just nuts. Don't these people have better things to do with their time? I haven't allowed open comments for that reason. If you aren't willing to tell me who you are, I really do not care what you have to say.
4. Lentils are awesome. I never really had lentils until recently. Lately Nanny has been making lentil soup almost once a week. It is yummy and healthy and I am really impressed that I've discovered a new food.
5. People who use the last square of toilet paper and don't change the roll are NOT cool. And listen, even if it isn't the last square, if you can see the cardboard THROUGH the paper, it's likely time to at least be sure there's a back up roll within reach of the potty so the next person can get to it if needed.
6. Why do you care what people think? Recently I was talking to someone about going to a movie by myself. This person said they could NEVER do that because people would think she's a loser. Really? So am I a loser because I went to the movie by myself? And who gets to judge who's a loser and who isn't? Here's the deal. It just doesn't matter what others think. The only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself. You are the one who should decide what's right for you. I outgrew this kind of thinking in about 10th grade. Emotionally mature people are self confident enough to know that what others think is just that...what they THINK. It's an opinion, nothing more. And unless that person is important to me, then their opinion is NOT important. Move on. There are many more important things to do with your time than worry about what someone thinks about you. Keep the focus on YOU being the best YOU that YOU THINK you can be. All the rest is just NOISE. The noise is distracting you from achieving your goals and being who you want to be. Tune it out.
Alright, that's all my random thoughts for today. I'm off soon to my stupid boring long board meeting. Please comment so I'll have something to distract me from the meeting. Plus, I'll look all important receiving emails all evening, right? But wait....I'm not supposed to care what people think. Ha ha. No really I just get bored and love to hear from all of you. I'll admit it just makes my day to get comments. I love all your support you've been giving me lately. Thanks so much!