- I really did NOT want to go to the gym this morning. I had the little war in my head and guess who won? I DID. I went to the gym and I RAN despite not wanting to. I WILL finish this C25K. I WILL!
- Attention young woman on the treadmill in front of me: Your boobs were screaming in agony the whole time you were running today. I heard them myself through the gym noise AND the headphones. For goodness sakes...GET a better bra...... Today.
- Isn't it weird how you get in a routine and you just do things out of habit? I use the same locker at the gym every time. I use the same shower stall. Today, MY shower was taken. Screwed up my whole shower mojo. Almost forgot my shampoo!
- I'm about to take my little beautiful nearly 6 year old going on 40 girl OUT. We're having issues with being polite and respectful. So last night she comes in my room. I had got the girls their dinner and then ran to my room to set the Tivo for the Cowboys game. She walks in, puts her hand on her hip and says in a very snotty tone, "AND....WHY did you not get my MILK?" Uh hem......deep breath.....I simply looked at her and then went back to what I was doing. I completely ignored her until she caught on, apologized and then asked SWEETLY if I would please get her some milk. Oh lord. Imagine what 13 is going to look like.
- I attended my first TKD class today in 2 weeks. I was out a week on vacation and then last week I had strep. Wooo doggies. My buns hurt from all those kicks. AND the Master decided we needed to do EXTRA crunches and push ups. Someone please pass the Motrin.
- Contrary to your belief, no matter what your uncle, brother, cousin, next door neighbor, OR your next door neighbor's 2nd cousin thinks, you may NOT need that medication that they take and just because you come in my office and ask for that medicine doesn't mean it is medically indicated. I'm a doctor, not a drug dealer.
- I'm really overwhelmed trying to figure out which new TV shows are worthy of my attention and which are not. Any recommendations are welcome.My Tivo is working overtime.........BTW.....I love you Tivo!
- Attention Cowboys: FOUR bad snaps in ONE game is pathetic and, quite frankly, painful to watch. I know your receivers are young (Thank you, Jerry for no depth in the roster) but for the love of GOD, it is NOT that hard to know where to line up. AND...Felix Jones.....the point of running the ball when you're ahead and there are just under 2min in the game is to RUN OUT THE CLOCK. Running out of bounds STOPS the clock. And finally.....I'm glad you won.....now do it again......that is all.
- Eating that fiber bar yesterday for lunch seemed like such a good idea at the time. I mean...I wasn't very hungry and I wanted something simple. And then there was the FIBER part and the resulting trips to the BR. Nuff said.
- It really annoys me when they cancel a show you really love before they finish the dang story line. How annoying. Similarly, there are a LOT of bloggers that just disappear one day. One day they are blogging and I'm enjoying getting to know them and commenting and they're commenting on my blog and it's awesome and then....they are gone. It is disturbing. Do. Not. Do. That......Please.
- There are a lot of people reading my blog (THANKS, BTW!) and I'm not sure who all of you are. If I'm not reading your blog yet, please leave me a comment. I love finding new blogs. Why? Unfortunately, please see above statement. PLUS, the more I read about you guys and comment on your blogs, the less I want to eat. It's all about me, you know?
This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Random things that I'm thinking about today: