Disclaimer

This blog is an accounting of my personal journey to find fitness. All the content on this blog should be read as a biographical piece of literature, not a medical resource. I am a physician, but I am in no way giving medical advice or establishing doctor patient relationships with my readers. I am simply keeping a diary. If you are starting a diet or exercise program or require medical evaluation or advice, please see your own family physician.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weigh in Wednesday

Well, all the grouchiness yesterday made me dread the scale this morning. But, I did as I vowed and woke up with a smile on my face and ready to work out. After, I weighed and I did lose. 1.4 pounds. This brings my total loss to 24.8 pounds (Again with the .2!) So close to losing 25 pounds. Happy happy! Joy, joy!

I also measured. Since June 10th, I've lost a total of 8.5 inches. I knew my clothes were getting looser, but boy is it good to see those numbers.

My first inclination was to be irritated that I didn't lose that other .2 so I could finally be at 25pounds. But, then I remembered that I am trying to have a positive attitude and let it go. It'll happen. It is inevitable if I keep exercising and logging my food. (You all don't know me yet, but I'm what they call a melancholy personality. Kinda Eeyore-ish. I have to really work at being positive sometimes)

I really wanted to try to run today, but I felt so good after my run yesterday, I was afraid I'd be disappointed if I wasn't able to finish. You are supposed to rest a day in between. So, instead I rode my stationary bike, 6.5 miles on program 6. It's the hardest one I've tried. Boy those big hills sure make you realize how hard cycling really is. Then I did 100 crunches, 60 squats with weights, 20 real push ups and 20 girlie ones, and hand weights. I'm still bummed that I haven't actually been able to make it to the gym, but on the bright side, I'm proving to myself that I can do this no matter where I am or how busy.

Tomorrow, I'll do Day 2 of week 5 of my C25K. Then next week while I'm on vacation, I am vowing to at least try the dreaded Day 3 and the 25 min of jogging with no walking. I don't know if I'll be able to. I don't know if I'm ready for all that, but I'll never know until I try.

We leave for vacation tomorrow and I'll post more on that later. But, I'm still trying to formulate a plan for handling the vacation munchies while riding in the car and eating out a lot. We will have a kitchen in the condo so I have planned some meals to cook, but we all know how those plans can get messed up when you're on vacation. If anyone has ideas or hints, I'd love to have them. I've found that if I plan and think through how I might handle cravings and munchies, I'm better off. TTFN-Ta Ta For Now! (I LOVE Winnie the Pooh and friends.)

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on the hills on the bike machine - yesterday when I was at 40% incline, I didn't think I would get the bike to keep pedaling!

    Stock your condo with healhty snacks, and just do your best at restaurants - but most importantly have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss! You're doing wonderfully. Keep up the great work!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos! On your weigh in and on the exercise. You're on a roll. I'm off for vacay this week, too. I'm dreading the s'mores, but I'm going to stock the kitchen in our place with ff cottage cheese, salad makings, and reasonable breakfast makings so at least some of my meals will be OP. I'm also planning to keep up the exercise--running, hiking, & beach volleyball--at least 30 min a day, but probably more. Have a fun time and keep up the good work. 25 lb (and YES, you can round up the .2 for goodness sakes!) is super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the loss - and shoot, I'd call it 25 pounds! I love your enthusiasm for the running program - and you will totally rock that 25 minute run - just go slow. Vacation sounds fun...I'd just try to eat normally for most of the meals because you know there will be splurges here and there (and there should be - it's a vacation!).

    ReplyDelete

Progress to TouchDown and GOALLLL!!