Today I'll just post a few random things.
- This week is super busy as both my NPs are out on vacation. Don't ask me how they both ended up out at the same time. It was not preferable but I'm way too nice to tell someone they can't go to their family reunion. Just me means I'm doing the job of 3 people and I'm awesome, but I'm still only one person. That means that while I'm writing this work isn't getting done. Oh well.
- I'm frustrated that I don't have more time to blog. But.....see #1 I'm working on it. I'm really trying to reorganize my life. Get it back in order. Contain the chaos.
- Speaking of chaos- Am I the only one out there that feels like life spins around you and you're constantly trying to keep up? Sigh....... I've spent time dong some organizing. I'm trying to get things in order. My house and office are not terrible by any means, but where does all this crap come from? I really just wish sometimes I could dump it all. I'm so into the idea of minimizing right now. I'm on a mission. It may be a slow one because it is obviously not my #1 or even #2 mission, but yet, it is a mission.
- I'm totally freaked that school starts in 32 days. Sigh...See #3. Chaos only gets worse when school starts. Those of you with kids know what I mean. Of course those that stay home might be happy to get the kids back to school. Don't get me wrong there are many nice things about a regular schedule. Lord knows the constant bickering is less when school is in session. If for no other reason but their tired. It's so freaking hot here the kids can't just go hang outside. But, school means a whole HOST of other things to keep track of. And now that son is starting high school......oh boy.....panic sets in.
- Speaking of missions....My workouts are getting back on track. I've been back at my twice daily ones. I find that morning workouts help set the tone for my day. It gets my mind right. Focused on my health. I don't want to screw up when I've made a good effort early in the morning. I'm going to resume training with my trainer next week. Why not this week? See #1. I want to start training with him again if for no other reason but accountability. Monday I did an old Biggest Loser DVD and it was fun. I used weights and then woke up Tuesday with a sore back. That's ok, just keep moving, right? I'm better today. I'm trying to stretch every day and get some of my flexibility back.
- Speaking of flexibility......Tuesday I had this bad migraine. I took some medicine in the afternoon which helped. I ran late at the office at noon so I missed my TKD class and even though I had so much work I said"forget it" and decided to get to the evening class no matter what. Anyhoo....at class I had such a hard time doing the turning kicks I was so dizzy. I hate that! Being out of practice doesn't help either. I almost hate going on vacation just because I miss tkd! I made it through class fine though and my kicks are finally getting back on track.
- Speaking of training. Remember when I said I was going to start P90X. Well, I am. Not next week because I've got my BFF and her kids and cousin and various family coming to visit. Plus my daughter's bday. I'll keep working out as usual, but I don't want to take on something so new. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to do the pre-test and pics this weekend. Making it real. I'm kinda nervous, but I figure why the hell not. No one thought a fat chick could do tae kwon do either and I'm doing it. I figure I'll do what I can, I can always do less reps and build up to more, less weight and ad more as I can. I just think it will be awesome to say I did it.
- On Friday I took this picture
9. I still haven't had time to write a post about our Griswold Style Vacation. I think I will give up and just write in spurts. The overview is that we drove 6,000miles for 2 weeks in a van with 3 kids. It was busy, we saw lots of stuff and had a great time. One of the first stops was Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Parks in Arizona. We did a few hikes and ranger talks. the kids were fascinated.
|Painted Desert(not the best pic, but oh well)|
|Prehistoric tree. Pretty cool really.|
|Hate this pic of my muffin, but reality checks are important. I hate to even post it, but hey- check the view though.|
I wrote some of this post on the bike this morning so I'm multitasking to the max. The rest I have finished while eating my salad for lunch. Hope you are all on track and working toward your goals. I'm keeping mine in sight.